Saturday, December 25, 2010

Blogging about Laundry

Let me just say I loathe laundry. Because of the undesireableness of laundry, over the last year or so I have taken steps to minimize the hassle: I now make sure to always have quarters on hand by periodically stopping by the on-campus Wells Fargo at one of their least busy moments, I have gradually bought more clothes so I don't have to do laundry as often, and I have gotten some pretty great collapsable laundry cylinder things from IKEA.

A few months ago I had an epiphany that when I visit Bountiful (my hometown) I could make good use of downtime by doing my laundry there! The detergent is free, the dryer sheets are free, no quarters are needed, oh and no walking up and down three flights of stairs. After doing laundry at home over the Thanksgiving break I wondered if I could make it til Christmas without washing another @$%^& load of laundry. A month later I'm proud to say that I made it--of course, I had to wash socks and underwear once because I only have about two weeks worth of that but I actually have a lot of clothes in general so it was pretty easy.

Wearing the same old clothes week to week can get boring but I found that by doing laundry less often I could diversify my outfits--if not for this noble experiment I definitely would not have worn my Che shirt in the month of December! Anyway, doing laundry at home whenever possible is such a win-win solution to such a lamesauce chore that I thought it worth sharing. Feel free to comment if you have any ideas for making laundry less lame!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sad to say I cannot think of anything to make laundry less lame on a daily/weekly/monthly basis, but my mother gave me the wonderful Christmas present of telling me not to do any laundry from Thanksgiving on and to bring it all home (in a separate suitcase, of course, marked bio-hazard)! Fortunately, the clean laundry goes back into my fumigated suitcase and not under the tree! Unfortunately, Christmas only comes once a year...

    Oh, this is only Danielle Stockton's experience (on a blog it shows up with Dr. Cannon because of our blog www.fruitsofmormonism.com).

    ReplyDelete